Each bluebot is calibrated in our state of the art water flow loop to assure it is measuring water flow accurately. You can also validate bluebot is measuring properly by going to the individual device page in the app and scrolling down to select device info.
The Device Info page has many useful diagnostics on meter health. You will see the section named Technical Information.
- Status: Assure that the meter “Status” reads “Device Active”. This means that the meter is communicating actively with the app. If the status is not “Device Active”, we recommend checking your Wifi connection and running a Pipe Rescan.
- Pipe Type: Assure the meter has correctly recognized the proper pipe type. If it is incorrect, you can press “Pipe Type” and select from the menu of Copper, PVC, Galvanized and PEX.
- Pipe Size: Assure that the meter has correctly identified the pipe size. The meter uses ai and a sensor scan to identify pipe size. As long a signal quality is “Strong” the pipe size is correct.
- Signal Quality: Assure Signal Quality is “Strong”. This means the ultrasonic sensors are reading flow. If the Signal Quality is not Strong, select “Sensor Details”
Within the Sensor Details page, the two key metrics are Signal Quality and Signal Strength. Your bluebot is measuring flow very accurately if both Signal Quality and Signal Strength are above 90% and 1700 respectively.
- Signal Quality: Assure the ultrasonic sensor signal is above 80%. It will typically be in the high 90’s. If it is not, press the Rescan Pipe [link to section] [insert image], this will activate an active ultrasonic scan of the pipe to identify the best sensor position. You may even be able to hear the servo’s working.
- Signal Strength: Assure the Signal Strength is above 1700. If it is not, press the Rescan Pipe [link to section] [insert image], this will activate an active ultrasonic scan of the pipe to identify the best sensor position. You may even be able to hear the servo’s working.
If there is still no value in Signal Quality Signal Strength after the rescan, we recommend checking your Wifi connection.
If you would like to speak to a member of the bluebot team, simply navigate to Settings > Support from within the app and choose your preferred method of communication. Otherwise, you can email email@example.com